28.12.08

henri ki-ki



Some of you have had the lovely opportunity to visit my apartment, most of you, I'm sure, have not. Here is a small photographic taste of my highly underrated hood, St-Henri.

cold november

cold kitchen floor



late night

Most of my neighbours own pittbulls, and when I was taking that photo of the mattress (at least one of those appear on our street every week, I don't know where these people get an endless supply of moldy mattress) a funny old lady walked by me and started asking me what I was doing. This is fine, awesome even, she asked me about my camera and why I was taking a picture of the mattress. Then, she proceeded to ask me if I knew anyone who wanted to buy a bag of cat food (she was holding one in her hands). "I'm really broke!" she said, almost laughing. Awesome.

Though this story might sound horrifying to some, I love St-Henri. It's cheap, cute, my apartment is a 10 minute walk to Atwater market and it's close to school. Plus, can't beat the neighbour hood's personality.

these pictures were taken with my Yashica LM on 400h Fujifilm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARCHIVE